WANTED: NIC Driver for a Gateway Profile 5

Discussion in 'Software' started by discopimp, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. discopimp

discopimp Private E-2

I have done a reformat & reinstall of XP Pro on a gateway profile 5 PC and I am missing the driver for the Ethernet card. I have found out that the chipset is an Intel Springdale-G i865G with a P4 cpu. I have searched everywhere and cannot find the correct driver anywhere. and heres the twist in the plot, This GatewayPC is from their Pro line which they sold to another company called MPC computer who has since went bankrupt and for the most part stopped offering support. So info on these PCs are not real easy to come by. Please help.

2. discopimp

discopimp Private E-2

I found it. For anyone else having this problem first I used everest and found the device name then I googled "Intel PRO/1000 ct network connection" and picked the Intel URL after a couple choices viola there it was. Works like a charm now. Thanks guys I know this wasn't a real easy one because of the rarity of this machine.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Cheers for taking the time to post your fix for this issue even though noone sadly was able to answer you, sometimes its whos online at the time who knows the problem and solution.

4. bolivartech

bolivartech Private E-2

disco,
    I am having the same difficulty finding the driver for a profile 5. For some reason I cannot download files from the intel site, and the ones made available from gateway support do not work, device will not start errors.

Do you think it would be possible for you to send me the drivers zipped in an email?

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Try this download HERE when page opens click the blue bar under the address bar or Restart in the text on the page.

if not working above for you and this will be live for a few days I have uploaded it HERE (PROXP.exe)

Both links are for Windows XP, so if your version of Windows is different do say which one.

6. bolivartech

bolivartech Private E-2

Thanks so much. Now just to test it.

7. aanton

aanton Private E-2

Here just to say thank you to Discopimp.

Was searching over for several days for this driver. Couldn't identify the device name so had to use "profile5" or p/n as key words.

Your driver worked perfect and at once.

Great job man. Good attitude to the people on the same boat.

8. squishyalt

squishyalt Private E-2

Thank you SOOOOOO much for posting this file! I looked everywhere for a valid driver and this one saved my butt!

Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds