Warning after Avira scan

Discussion in 'Software' started by Rod Buchanan, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Rod Buchanan

Rod Buchanan Private E-2

I get the following warning after an Avira scan.

Begin scan in 'C:\'
    C:\pagefile.sys
    [WARNING] The file could not be opened!
    [NOTE] This file is a Windows system file.
    [NOTE] This file cannot be opened for scanning.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\SsiEfr.exe
    [WARNING] The file could not be opened!

I see the response concerning the page sys file, but what about the other one?

2. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

The response you indicated - SsiEfr.exe is a part of SpySweeper. If you do not have SpySweeper installed, then go ahead and delete the file.

3. Rod Buchanan

Rod Buchanan Private E-2

I do have Spy Sweeper installed, so I assume I should leave the file?
    Thank you for your efforts.

4. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

Yes, leave the file and ignore any future warnings.

Glad I could help:)

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

You should be able to add those two items: C:\pagefile.sys and C:\WINDOWS\system32\SsiEfr.exe to Avira's's ignore list so you do not have to see the notes every time you scan.
    Click on Extras then Configuration. In the left column click on the + in front of Scanner then the + in front of Scan. Click on the word Exception.
    In the left box type pagefile.sys and then click the add button. It appears in the right column. Do the same for SsiEfr.exe . If you decide later you wish to remove one or both items, go through the same steps but this time highlight what appears in the right hand box and click the delete button.

6. Rod Buchanan

Rod Buchanan Private E-2

Instead of ":(exception" I get "archives"

7. Rod Buchanan

Rod Buchanan Private E-2

I got it. If the "expert mode" box is not checked that file is not visible. I checked that box and the file appeared. Followed your instructions and it is done! Thanks again for your help!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds