Warranty and Possibly Power Supply or Button Issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kmblw, Oct 26, 2007.

1. kmblw

kmblw Private E-2

When the computer is off and I push the power button the lights on the tower come on for a few seconds and you can hear the fan, etc. running and then it shuts off. After 3 or 4 tries it comes on and runs fine.

Tonight after coming home from eating out the computer was off but no one had turned it off so apparently it shut itself off. This was the first time it had done that.

I checked the power cord (seemed okay). I tried another plug (didn't help).

It has a warranty until December 2008. I don't want to deal with horrible customer service if it's something minor but don't want to void the warranty in case there are any future major problems.

If it’s just the power supply or the button, if me or my husband changed the power supply (we’d also dust it out) would that void the warranty?

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

I think anything you do will give them reason to void the warranty, i would call or email whoever it may be and get advise to what you should do. ed

3. kmblw

kmblw Private E-2

My worst nightmare come true. Guess that's what I'll have to do. [Shudder]

Thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds