Watching Movies on iPad - HELP !!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ella72, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Ella72

Ella72 Private E-2

Hi,

I have several movies on my Windows laptop that I wish to allow our twins to watch on my iPad when we go away. Thus iTunes is useless to me as there will be no internet connection so I cannot use the "Home Sharing" function.

What else can I use? I have researched the net and have tried downloading PlayerExtreme to my iPad. Then I am supposed to be able to connect my iPad to the laptop and find the Apps folder through Windows Explorer. The only folder that shows is DCIM. I have enabled show hidden files and folders but it's still not visible.

I've also tried iExplorer For Windows 3.2.5.3 which has just installed a heap of junk and the folder that is supposed to display doesn't.

Are there any other suggestions please? 4 year old twins on a road trip isn't pleasant ;)

2. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

You've never added content you didn't buy from iTunes store before?
    Use iTunes to put them on the iPad. You might have to encode them into something the iPad can use. Then add them to the library and set the videos to sync with the device.
    That is what iTunes does manage content on an iDevice. If you've never sync'ed before it might ask you to erase the device, pay attention.

check out these instructions http://www.wikihow.com/Add-Movies-in-iPad

Now if they are DRM protected... who knows?

3. Ella72

Ella72 Private E-2

I have added them to iTunes in a playlist but when I go to the iPad they are there under "Shared" in the Videos icon but as soon as I disconnect the wireless they disappear. I though to add them to the iPad using iTunes and Home Sharing you had to be connected to the internet and have iTunes open on the PC. Am I doing something wrong?

I will try the other way through your link.

Thank you.

4. Ella72

Ella72 Private E-2

I've just now followed these instructions too. I downloaded the iPad Video Converter which converts the movie to MP4, which I had already done using Handbrake, but there are no instructions on how to transfer the converted file to my iPad.

I tried dragging the files to iTunes then syncing but the file will not copy.

5. beezneez

beezneez Corporal

It can be done quite easily. First I rip my movie, then code it for the iPad using handbrake. Put the movie into an easily found folder.
    Open iTunes.

Now connect the iPad and it should show a movie file in iTunes.
    drag the movie from the main menu onto the iPad movie file and it will then sync into your tablet. When you look for it on your iPad it will probably be in Videos.

I have done this dozens of times as I love to watch movies on my Pad.
    Hope this helps, if you have any queries will be glad to help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds