.wav files, Matlab and such

Discussion in 'Software' started by Antbert, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Antbert

Antbert Private E-2

Hello. I'm doing a project for electronic engineering and require a tiny bit of assistance. I'll just explain briefly what the project is. Try to remain awake please.

Musical Rhythm Detection and Beat Synthesis.

Essentially, a piece of music is played (say just a piano playing on its own), I have to detect the rhythm (time signature, bar length etc.) and create a beat to play behind it.

Anyway forget the beat bit.

I'm told that there's a function in Matlab that lets you just read in .wav files but I am hopeless with Matlab and know nothing about it. I'd also like to be able to look at the envelope but I can't work that out either.

Also, where can I get free sample .wav files to use? Just anything remotely music would do.

Any teeny bit of help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Antbert

2. Antbert

Antbert Private E-2

Damn should this have been in programming...? Apologies if so.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds