waveout format not supported

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wiggy05, Sep 6, 2004.

1. wiggy05

wiggy05 Private E-2

I keep getting this message every time i try to play music in music match:

MMJB soundcard problem
    Waveout format not supported.

also my volume key on my keyboard doesn't work, but i am assuming it is associated with this problem.

wiggs

2. Strogg

Strogg 5-Star Freakin' Geek

check the bottom right of screen next to the clock, and look for a small picture of a speaker. double click on it and a mixer should appear. if you can't find it, then odds are, your sound isn't configured and you'll need to install the drivers for your sound card or onboard device.

3. carter06

carter06 Private E-2

I am getting the same error. Have you found a solution yet?

4. TheDoug

TheDoug MajorGeek

Try this:

1 Go to control panel
    2 Add hardware
    3 At "Welcome" screen, press next
    4 Select "Yes, I have already connected this hardware". Press next
    5 Scroll down, and select "Add a new hardware device"
    6 Select "Install the hardware I select from a list"
    7 Select "Sound, video and game controllers"
    8 Select "(standard system devices)" in pane 1, and "Audio Codecs" in pane 2
    9 Press "Have Disk"
    10 Enter "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32" in the drop down box and press "OK"
    11 Select "Microsoft Audio Compression Manager" and press "Next" , then "Next" again.
    12 At the security screen, press "Continue anyway"

It will install, and require a reboot

If it still does not work, then follow the same procedure, but at point 11 choose "IMA ADPCM Audio CODEC" and on the next run select "Microsoft ADPCM Audio CODEC"

5. carter06

carter06 Private E-2

This still did not work. Do you have any other ideas? Could it be possible that Limewire has corrupted this?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds