Web Browser troubles and woes.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Outlawstar15a2, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Outlawstar15a2

Outlawstar15a2 Corporal

Ok, this is the weirdest trouble I've seen so far and I thought I fixed it yet it's back again *sigh*. I will organize this into sections as I plan on having to type alot.

The Problem: When I go to use my web browers in order to surf the web I get a "The Connection to the server was reset while the page was loading." error. Sometimes when I open the web browers for the first time after rebooting it'll display the websites for each tab but any attemp to move from them to surf the web produces the above error message.

The Symptoms: Oddly enough this problem is isolated to my two web browsers Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Everything else works perfectly. I can log on to my IM programs, I can connect to the internet in order to play my games online, I can do anything I want so long as it doesn't need to use my browser to perform it's tasks. So I came to the conclusion it's a browser problem. Now the troubles didn't start till I downloaded the latest batch of updates in order to bring myself to readiness for Service Pack 1 which I haven't downloaded yet. Thank god.

Last Night: The problem first showed itself last night after I downloaded some updates for (Vista I had installed Seucrity Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System KB947801, Security Update for Microsoft Office Excel 2007 KB946974, Update for Windows Mail Junk E-mail Filter March 2008 KB905866, Update for Windows Vista KB946041) after I uninstalledthese updates I restarted my PC and went to surf the web I was able to get on with no problem and it worked the rest of the night with no problem. I kept Microsoft Silverlight and another update was left. During last night I had reset IE, created a system restore after the problem was fixed and scanned with Ad aware, which found 50 tracking cookies, and spybot which found nothing.

Today: The problem resurfaced. I checked and Vista seems to have install a 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 1 update that wasn't there last night. I cannot uninstall it from programs and features/installed updates. And I tried the system restore from last night and it failed. I did not install this update and automatic updates is turned off. Again only the browsers have stoped functioning. Now I plan to do a AV program and I recently installed the latest updates and definition files for my AV software. I will come back with the results along with a HiJackThis log while I wait for further instructions.

Just now: Everytime I reboot my PC and start the browser to check it Zone Alarm pesters me to allow Avast Web Scanner to access the internet. I normally say no. It doesn't really work for me. However I gave it permission permanently and... Lo and behold I am typing this to you in normal mode Vista. I will still start a Avast scan and append it with a HiJackThis log. I hope this is the end of my problems though.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds