Web Browser's won't Open certain sites

Discussion in 'Software' started by gabe1231, Oct 24, 2006.

1. gabe1231

gabe1231 Private E-2

Hi, i've had this problem for awhile. My PC won't connect to fragtv.net or guildwiki.org. For some reason it just loads for awhile and then says the connection was reset. I know it's nothing like parental controls or anything like that. I did try going to these sites on another computer on my network and it loads up both of them just fine. These are the only 2 websites that it does this too, actually it does it to overclock.net as well.

Now, i have reformatted since this and it still does not connect. I've tried IE and Firefox, both with the same results. I have upgraded to the newest version of both browsers and it still does it. Can anyone help me with this? I've also tried downloading and installing plug ins and such with no luck. What's wrong with my browsers?

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

Are you behind any software firewalls? If so disable them, and try again.

On a side note, did you try to browse via IP instead of the FDN?

For instance, pinging fragtv.net gives: 88.83.64.34

So, in the browser address bar, type in: 88.83.64.34 press enter. Is this any faster?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds