Web Camera Hardware & Software

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GrandPa Bob, Feb 18, 2009.

1. GrandPa Bob

GrandPa Bob Private E-2

I want to set up a web camera so that I can chat with my grandchildren, see their art work, etc.. They have a Mac system while mine is Windows XP Pro running on a Dell Dimension 4600. It has 1.5 GB of RAM. What do I need to buy in terms of hardware and also, what software do we all need to be using? The research I have done so far is confusing regarding the type and make of web camera. It seems like high price does not guarantee quality or reliability. Thanks for your help.

2. MaNGaFaN09

MaNGaFaN09 Private E-2

If you can find some more system info. i might be able to help. Run Dxdiag in the command line and save it to your desktop and attach it to your next post.

your internet connection plays a good role in it too, do you have dsl?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds