web hosting question - wrong forum??

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jedis_Ghost, Dec 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedis_Ghost

Jedis_Ghost Private E-2

I am a budding web designer looking for a good webhost. I have read endless reviews, how tos, whats included and various yada yada yadas. I was wondering if anyone here can suggest a good inexpensive hosting companynthat they have experience with. I really just need the basic stuff it seems all the hosts offer, so I'm not looking for anything out of the ordinary. I live in the U.S. and would prefer a U.S. based company.

I am asking this here at "The Geeks" because in the past all the advice I have recieved from here has been spot on.

If this is the wrong forum please direct me to the correct one.

Thanks so much for your time in this matter.

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

www.webhost4life.com
    used them for several years and they're the best I've found thus far and I've had about 15 or so hosts in the past.

3. Wookie

Wookie Sergeant Major

I will be using the host Kodo recommended on my next project, its a ecommerce website using .net 2.0 and MSSQL database. The control panel looks nice. Ill have more of a review in a few weeks.

4. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Is there any specific technology you preferr to use? I know some great PHP hosts, but hardly any ASP/ASP.NET hosts. Though I know one more now ;)

5. mastermosley

mastermosley Sergeant

6. knight17

knight17 Private E-2

I also would like to know some free hosts that are ad free and have fantastico.

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

PLEASE Start a new thread with this question over bumping an old one, as its more likely to get seen and answered over bumping an old thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds