Web page creater?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Darkwolf, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Darkwolf

Darkwolf Private E-2

Looking for a web page creater that allows people to register an account and create a webpage via a template something like geocities uses. I know they are out there I just dont know what to call them to search for them. In other words I want to host websites for people but I dont want to have to set up 100 accounts for people on the ftp. I'd rather have them just be able to create one via simple templates.

2. iamien

iamien Cptn "Eh!"

would require java or VB i;d figure,

3. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

ok, you can make these with javascript, or VB, or anything really. What is the exact application? you looking to make a web page maker being a web host or what? IF you wrote an ASP or PHP script that made the file, and just added variables in where needed, (like title, content etc.) and made a simple javascript input form (with buttons for bold text etc.) then that would do you. if you are not farmiliar with server side scripting etc then i advise you to get farmilar, as with this kind of thing you need to. Im making an updater for a website atm, but its protected under the clients name and its extremly application specific (it uses database entrys to create the page, and a code parser to change simple tags (e.g. vb text or whatever its called)

why not get them to upload the file using a file uploader? you can get these asp, asp.net is better, cgi you can do it.

hope this give you a nudge in the right direction :)

EDIT : just to be a bit clearer. Our application uses a templete file, with the layout in it, and then takes the record in the database with a specified ID, and puts the title in a certain place on the templete page, and the content in another, and inserts an image with a specified URL.

4. Darkwolf

Darkwolf Private E-2

I want someone to be able to sign up with me, get an account, get a webpage that they can use either a template or fileuploader for, and have the webpage linked too from the main page.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds