Web Page Unavailable pop up (help)

Discussion in 'Software' started by tony86, Aug 8, 2003.

1. tony86

tony86 Private E-2

After being on the net and disconnection. i am getting a pop up saying "web page unavailable while offline" connect / stay offline . this pops back up every few minutes no matter what i click. i am tossed out of whatever program i am using (a game usually) to answer this pop up. what can i do to make it go away forever?
    i have windows xp - dell 1.4 ghz - whatever modem comes with a dell. i notice now that i can turn computer off and when i turn it back on the message will still pop up. even though i have not connected to the net. i have tried APKRegistry cleaner and ad aware 6.0 but they have not helped.

please give me a clue as to what is going on

thank you

tony

Last edited: Aug 8, 2003
  2. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK MajorGeeks Forum Administrator Staff Member

HI tony86 You could in the first instance go in to the control panel and click open admin tools then click open services and scroll down to messenger click open properties then click stop then disable.Then scroll down and do the same for web client and see if this cures your problem if not then please post back

3. tony86

tony86 Private E-2

ok thanks i'll give it a shot and let you know

tony

4. william87

william87 Private E-2

I have the same problem, I did everything you told but it does not work. Please help.

5. william87

william87 Private E-2

6. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK MajorGeeks Forum Administrator Staff Member

Hi tony :)
    It seems that you are accessing a web site not via your default browser in which case this message will appear. Without first dialling up to your ISP (Internet Service Provider).

However, you can select your connection options at (if you are using IE) Tools/Internet Options / Connection Tab. Here, I suggest ''Always dial my default connection'' whereby you will be connected(dial up) to your ISP automatically. If you are on BroadBand, then it is advisable to select ''Do not make a connection''; then you will have to configure your Broadband modem to connect automatically to your ISP when you ''switch on'' the computer. There are other things we can look at but please give this a try first

Regards

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds