webcam purchase question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sosaman, Nov 30, 2005.

1. sosaman

sosaman Sergeant Major

hey, what's up all? i am in the process of helping my aunt and uncle buy and setup their computer and accessories. i've already got the computer covered. now, i don't have a clue what to look for in a webcam (manufacturer - good/bad, etc., pricing). i'm looking for something decent, not too expensive, and not to cheap (meaning not worth a crap), and somewhat troublefree. they basically want the webcam so they can see (their kids, etc.) each other when they chat to their family back in calif. anyway, any input would be helpful. - thx, sos

this one is on sale here where i'm at, is it anygood (brand/specs/price)?
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7105802&type=product&id=1109233576023

2. funky munky

funky munky Staff Sergeant

That is the same as my fiances i can see her well when im away and talk to her online.
    she paid about £20 for hers so the price is about the same roughly and it was just plug and play so set up was easy.

3. sosaman

sosaman Sergeant Major

thx, i'll look into it further... - sos

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds