Webcam Setup

Discussion in 'Software' started by LI_Geek_95, Jan 15, 2013.

1. LI_Geek_95

LI_Geek_95 Post-and-Run Geek

Hi!

I have a setup that I was put in charge of configuring. I need to configure a server (of any OS, it doesn't matter), to automatically broadcast a live stream of a webcam, every Sunday from 9:30-11. While streaming, it needs to record, and save as a file.

How would you recommend I go about this? This server is also going to be the web server I host the file and stream off of. I've used TinCam in the past, but it seems like the developer gave up on it. Does anybody know of any software that can be used to set up automatic streaming, and allows for simultaneous streaming and recording?

Thanks!

2. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

3. LI_Geek_95

That was the most helpful post I've seen in the 5 years that I've been here for. rolleyes

I decided to use TinCam. I wrote a small application that starts the streaming automatically, and I set a scheduled task to run the application at the appropriate times. It saves the stream automatically, and automatically overwrites the last file. It's exactly what I needed!

Best of all, the developer pushed a new update 2 months ago that I must've missed, first time since '07.

4. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

I just tried to give you a choice.

5. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Zack, eventually you might wanna look into a newtek tricaster for this place, which sounds like a church. http://www.newtek.com/products/tricaster-40.html Is there entry level system, which will set you up with multi cam support and hd. Check it out.

6. LI_Geek_95

Thanks Coleman :)

I decided to go with TinCam, and I wrote a program to automatically press ctrl+v to begin and end the streams.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds