Webpage freeze ,help please

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by moll33, Oct 10, 2010.

1. moll33

moll33 Private E-2

Hi, i am at my wits end and not able to solve this problem so hoping someone could help.
    I have Sony Vaio FW11E laptop running on Vista home premium with 2gb memory,the Ati Radeon HD3400 graf.card.
    The problem is when I am on a webpage( say ebay) and I click on a photo to enlarge the whole page freeze and I am not able to do anything ,the mouse is ok and I can launch the internet explorer again from the start.
    I have done system restore.
    Run registry cleaner .
    Updated all drivers in the devise manager.
    I have run Bullguard to scan for viruses .
    I have cleaned all internet data inc.cookies.
    I run the laptop from mains not the battery ,I also tried to update Java to latest version but it failed for some reason, that may not be connected to this freezing ?Otherwise laptop runs fine.
    Any help appreciated gratefully.

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, moll33.

Couple of quickies: try running Internet Explorer (No Add-ons) - the path should be Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools. If the freezes desist, then you can trim your add-ons selectively to find the problem.

You might also try another browser, such as Firefox, and see if your symptoms change.

3. moll33

moll33 Private E-2

Hi thank you for your reply.I tried to run internet explorer without the add ons ,got as far as system tools but I don't know what to do next. Then tried to download Firefox browser but was not able to the webpage froze,had to shut the computer down and reboot it so got nowhere .Something is freezing the page's but what .

4. moll33

moll33 Private E-2

Hi ,I managed to start the internet explorer without add ons and it works fine now ,no freezing .How do I add the add ons so I can suss out what is causing the problem?
    Many thanks.Moll33

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds