Webroot System Eraser

Discussion in 'Software' started by ariinya, Dec 15, 2010.

1. ariinya

ariinya Private E-2

I really need to get my system back to factory status; however, when I bought my Alienware computer, I was not sent all of the disks needed (particularly the AlienRespawn v 1.0 and 2.0 disks), so all I have is the system recovery disk. I've used it a couple of times, and now have multiple profiles that I don't know how to get rid of, and my system is slowing down a great deal. It doesn't even erase my hard drive, which I what I want, so whenever I go to the new profile, I have all of these files with programs that aren't on my Add/Remove list.

So, I made a boot disk using Webroot's Windows Washer; the problem? My mother has told me vehemently NO, that if I use it, my computer won't be able to recognize the system recovery disk without doing all sorts of... strange, voodoo things to the system. :\ My question is; is she correct about this? Can I safely use the boot disk?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds