Website filtering thing

Discussion in 'Software' started by Balbanebeoulve, May 11, 2004.

1. Balbanebeoulve

Balbanebeoulve Bal. Balba. Babalabawhosemawhutsie

I have a question about my school filtering system. They get pretty much everything :rolleyes: ... I mean even google images is banned, and sometimes I need it for projects. I'm just wondering... Is it a proxy, a software or something external that controls it. Also, the blocker thingie is called "net sweeper".. >_> I just want to know; is it somewhere on the computer or is there anyway to find out? I checked add/remove... it was there =/

This is for educational purposes... seriously :rolleyes:

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

It's probably on a server.

3. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

If its anything like my school internet, they either have a proxy server in the school itself, or in another school/library that you get the net from (the Local Gov't ISP, that is). There could be a program on all the machines to check what people are up to on the machines.

Seriously, if you got to Add/Remove you are better off than me. In our school, they have locked.. EVERYTHING. Hell, even to get to your personal network drive you need to do a dodgey work-around. Talk about sacrificing functionality for security...

4. CaNoFzOo

CaNoFzOo Sergeant Major

School filters suck... o_O They pretty much filter out everything that you need. Once though I was looking for pictures of some band.. when I was actually supposed to be looking up something for some english report. And well lets just say some not very nice pictures were displayed. :eek: I don't think the school filters know what they're even doing.

5. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

6. CaNoFzOo

CaNoFzOo Sergeant Major

Yup ^_^ It wasn't that confusing.... lol but okay.

7. Balbanebeoulve

Balbanebeoulve Bal. Balba. Babalabawhosemawhutsie

I'm not a kid >.>

Haha, getting to the add/remove was tough... I had to double click a folder in the start menu. Click up until I got to C (Typing C:\windows into the address bar would be blocked) and then I could get into windows. From there I somehow found an executable or dll or something. Then I got into add/remove...

I also got into taskman (look for it) and from taskman you can access run, under file! In run I opened cmd and messed with ipconfig... rofl...

But sometimes in business class; it's so damn boring. I finish all my work, and I can either do other work (if I have any) or try finding sites that haven't been blocked...

Hmm, if only I could find a way into internet options... I'm pretty sure it's a proxy. That would make the most sense...

Well, if anybody has any idea (without resorting to 3rd party programs; I don't want anything that can be traced back to directly me) please post :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds