Website form filler, not for passwords and stuff

Discussion in 'Software' started by Warfarin, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Warfarin

Warfarin Private E-2

I have this online form of sorts that has a bunch of Site names in the first column and then a box next to it that needs the site code that matches the name. I have the master list in Excel which is a good 1000 sites with their codes. Is there any software that will look at the text then search a list and plug in the number or is that only possible with some kind of cgi or sql thing.

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

I don't know of any software that will do this for you, but it may be possible to write an Excel macro to do it??

You'd have to elaborate on what you're doing for us to help you further. What's a "site code"? Is it an arbitrary code for the website? Its IP address?

3. Warfarin

Warfarin Private E-2

Its just a random number that was created that stands for the site. Down the line in our software it refers to the number to create other reports by itself. But this actual entering of the number is all manual.

[​IMG]

In my excel sheet, one column is the "Name" and the 2nd is "Code." The category isn't important as I have those all memorized after doing this so much.

So any idea?

Lemme know if I need to explain more.

Thanks
    Warfarin

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds