Website with embedded media stopped working in IE

Discussion in 'Software' started by jsm555, Aug 16, 2007.

1. jsm555

jsm555 Private E-2

Well, I stumbled across the solution to this problem. I had added a bit of script at the bottom of each webpage that I got somewhere (here?) to fix the problem of having to click an embedded control in IE to 'activate' it - apparently the most recent update of IE has something that doesn't like that script. I removed it and the embedded media plays fine now. Microsoft is always full of surprises! :)

========================
    One of my websites that has been working for a year or more has suddenly stopped working, but only with IE - The website www.allisonnevins.com has a "media" menu item and there are several video and audio clips - the clips play fine with Firefox, but stopped working in IE - on my computer (Win/XP) I get an exception error when I try to play the clips, and on one of our Vista laptops when I click those links nothing happens. I don't think it's WMP, because one of the clips is a QT clip and I'm not using WMP to play it - so it must be something that Micro$oft's done to IE? Any ideas? Thanks!
    steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds