webwasher

Discussion in 'Software' started by stonemason, Dec 18, 2007.

1. stonemason

stonemason Private E-2

Need help to remove or turn off webwasher. It stops me from going on some websites

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Webwasher is a gateway internet filtering software, so

If this is your Home PC then are you Admin? if so then you can just goto the setting page and add the URL of th esite to the esceptions list, or turn of Webfiltering, or Add/Remove and uninstall, especially if its causing you problems, IF you are not Admin then speak to whoever is as they may have had a good reason for adding this software to the PC and have them edit the filtered list or remove the software.

If this is a Corporate/School network your on then speak to the Network Admin and have them add these websites you wish to access to these sites if they are crucial to your work, if they are not then your out of luck as we will not tell you how to bypass this block if part of a company/school security setup.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

HI

Further to your PM to me, I get the gist that this Webwasher is not the Corporate filtering software, which I thought by your post in saying you wanted to turn it off, could be, BUT in fact whats classed as Malware/Spyware.

SO to aid you in starting the removals process on this please follwo the below and then start a new thread in the Malware area of the forum, detailing what you PM'd me was who this became to be on your PC and attach all the logs requested once you have finished the Read Me.

READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds