Weird Color issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JackobRamsey, Sep 30, 2006.

1. JackobRamsey

JackobRamsey Private E-2

Hey guys

My brother moved the pc yesteday, and when he plugged in the monitor, the color was horribly messed up... Almost like it needed a deguass. When we switched monitors and it was still a problem, I got that feeling in my stomach... "I'm gonna need major geeks"

The deal is, its not showing the color green... Instead, its showing black in its place... I am thinking that may be a bad news hardware issue, which is why I am posting it here. Thanks for help in advance.

(For what its worth we have a Geforce 512 md 6600 PCI-E card, and a Emachine amd 64 3500 running XP)

Ty!

2. nitecrawler

nitecrawler Guest

Here is a freeware program to help you check your monitor and diagnose potential problem areas....supports both LCD and CRT
    http://www.benchmarkhq.ru/english.html?/be_monitor.html

There is also a dead pixel tester available as freeware!
    If you discover that the problem is hardware(with the device itself) related and your monitor is no longer under warranty, it is now only good for holding open the back door!
    Never attempt to open up a monitor and 'fiddle' inside! The internal componentry can sustain dangerous voltage levels even long after the device has been unplugged!!

Regards.....

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2006

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds