Weird connections to my comp, any ideas?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by borjes, Sep 29, 2009.

1. borjes

borjes Private E-2

Hello all,

I have recently installed a program called "peerblock" which, from what i got, can help block out undesired connections to my computer that are from known "spying" hosts.
    Actually, as a small time BitTorrent user (who's not even in the US), i really dont think i need it it but i thought to try it nevertheless.
    Now, from the moment i installed it it started blocking connection from all kinds of weird addresses like:

DynCorp International
    Department of Defence Intel Information Systems
    nocus networks
    Simon and Shuster
    software research associates
    National Aeronautics and Space Administration
    norwegian government computing center
    HQ, 5th Signal Command
    US Army Tank-automotive and Armaments Command
    Sega corporation
    Macdonalds ​

and many many more!

and i wasnt doing anything, certainly not surfing to these organizations sites or anything.
    Is this normal? why the heck do they try to connet to my comp?

2. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

I believe some of them may be among the sites that are known or believed to spy on illegal downloaders, etc., the following refers to eMule:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds