Weird Display Issue on Secondary Monitor (LCD Tv)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pinksoir, Jan 13, 2008.

1. pinksoir

pinksoir Private E-2

I'm running Gears of War on my Pc. I have a 19" vga monitor in with the computer and a 32 lcd in the living room. I use the TV as a secondary monitor cloned with the 19" and have the computer connected up to it with a long vga cable.

Now usually when I play games it's fine, but with Gears of War the TV display is all screwed up. The bottom half of the game is on the top and the top half is on the bottom. It's as if the whole display is pushed down and the bottom half is appearing at the top... it's hard to describe but maybe someone has come across this before.

I've no idea what res the game runs at as there are no options to change it...there doesn't appear to be a configuration option. There is an image displayed on the Tv, (almost) perfectly in fact. I can see everything in the game. The only problem is it's cut in half, with the top half at the bottom and vice versa.

I have the latest drivers too...

Also, the monitor displays it fine. It's only this game too. I can watch movies etc on the TV with no problems at all.

The specs are as follows:
    x1950pro
    Catalyst® Version 07.12
    lg lcd tv (max res 1366x768 vga)
    windows xp sp3

Thanks in advance,
    Karl.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds