weird loss of fps

Discussion in 'Software' started by ej25lvr, Apr 28, 2006.

1. ej25lvr

ej25lvr Private First Class

just started today whether it be an online game or ut2004 which i play a lot my fps rate is way down. i checked all of my drivers and i have the latest of them. hard to explain but when something in game is supposed to be moving slow it really starts losing fps. as long as i keep moving at a fast pace every thing is fine. but if i stop and slowly look left, right or anywhere the fps go way down. also ive noticed in task manager. the cpu% usage steadily jumps from 2% to 10% rapidly while nothing is running, just sitting there idle. nothing is overheating and all voltages are good. any ideas.
    • asus p4p800e deluxe
    • p4 3.2ghz ht
    • bfg 6800gt oc agp
    • 2 gigs kingston ram pc3200 4 x 512
    • ocz modstream 520w psu
    edit... the cpu usage part i mentioned it doesnt show any processes using anything as it jumps from 5 to 10%, it shows it subtracted from system idle process but whats using it it doesnt seem to be showing. also forgot to mention i have scanned for viruses and spy ware and all was clean.

2. ej25lvr

ej25lvr Private First Class

update....... i found my problem. after originally not being able to find the source of why i was losing fps and have eratic cpu% usage, i turned my pc off. when i came and turned it on a little while ago a norton anti-virus box came up and said it had detected (ibm00001.exe) and said it was a trojan of some sort and that it had been quarantined. so i rebooted and ran a virus scan just in case and nothing was found. the eratic cpu% usage is gone and the fps has returned to normal for everything. i dont understand why norton didnt find it when i ran the first virus scan when i was elimanating possible causes for the problems i was having. oh well im just glad all is back to normal.:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds