Weird MS Office Program on the Actual Icon - Causing lock ups

Discussion in 'Software' started by Maxx102, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Maxx102

Maxx102 Private E-2

Hello All,

I have a challange for all you out there. I have attached a blown up screenshot of two MS Word .doc files that have this weird black & white clock icon on lower left hand side it looks like a octogon clock icon, but I have never seen it before. That small black & white icon is on all documents with the following extentions (.xls, .doc, .txt, .rtf) there could be more, but I haven't found it.

Now here is the problem....all of the files with that little icon do not open. it locks up and I have to close the file....sometimes forcing windows to do it form since it isn't closing on it's own.

Anyone seen this?

Attached Files:

2. Maxx102

Maxx102 Private E-2

So I guess by the lack of responses, people are as stumped about this as me?

3. Amjad

Amjad Corporal

It would be better if you mentioned your OS version.

Anyway, here's what I came up with;

http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2003/08/27/54710.aspx

Read it and see if you are implementing the backup scheme listed.
    If this wasn't the case, then it's really strange! confused

4. Maxx102

Maxx102 Private E-2

Well that's it, I just found out that those files are on a Remote Storage Server.....So thanks.

5. Amjad

Amjad Corporal

Hooray!
    :):D;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds