weird occurrence in windows folder

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ncawk, Feb 3, 2007.

1. ncawk

ncawk Private E-2

i was checking my windows folder looking to make a change to my host file.{i had been testing private servers of MMOs} anyway, i couldn't find my system32 folder i was shocked for a bit, but after searching i found it and the files in that folder in my I386 folder.

my question is when i moved the file back to its original location it says that file name already exists, so i renamed it then moved it in windows folder then tryed to rename it "system32" but it won't allow me to rename it because it says there is a folder by that name, but i searched and searched but cannot find an other folder or file that has the name system32, any suggestions?

........................................................................................................
    Also i know that my writing is pretty bad i apologize for that.
    also i realize that i may have posted in the wrong fourm, again i apologize.
    Thanks for reading this, and if you offer any advice :cool thanks for that too.

2. ncawk

ncawk Private E-2

eh, found solution myself, i found that if i put :Open command prompt and type: attrib -a -h -r -s c:\windows\system32 :
    the system32 folder shows up and i was able to fix my problem :D no thanks to anyone else :p

3. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

Control Panel - Folder Options - View
    select: "show hidden files and folders"
    deselect: "hide protected operating system files (recommended)"
    Apply - OK

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds