Weird problem after installing new pci-e video card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by spcartmanland, Apr 14, 2007.

1. spcartmanland

spcartmanland Private E-2

well i dont really know how to explain this problem so that anyone will know what im talking about but here goes lol after installing my new x700 pro pci-e card it looks like what i would call i guess interference on my screen like i can see the icons and stuff on my desktop sorta jumping (looks like the same effect that happens when my cell phone gets to close to monitor just not as bad)

i never had this problem when i was using the integrated radeon graphics ive tried unplugging and plugging the monitor back in even tried the monitor on another computer to make sure it wasnt the monitor its not MAJOR but annoying none the less cause sometimes its worse then others any clue as to what could be causing this?

2. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

is it a CRT or LCD monitor? if its a CRT, maybe raising the refresh rate will help.

3. spcartmanland

its crt and refresh rate is already set to max of 85

4. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

Do you have an extra monitor you could connect to your machine?
    Also you might try replacing you monitor cable just in case it's going bad or if your original cable has lousy shielding.

5. spcartmanland

its not the monitor cause it doesnt do it on another pc i tested it on

6. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

Since you said it's not the monitor you might try taking your video card back to where you bought it and exchange it.

7. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

Sometimes having speakers too close to a CRT can wreak havoc. Usually it's color and picture distortion tho', not really like interfernce.... I'd think about returning the card too..... if possible, try the video card in a different PC and see if you get the same results. Or take the card to where you bought it and have them pop it in a PC to see what's up with it. They should test it for free 'cuz you did buy it from them, and they should support the products they sell..... Good Luck!

hopperdave2000

8. spcartmanland

hmmm i noticed something last night its worse the higher refresh rate i use like normally i use my monitors max of 85 but if i lower it to 72 then i cant hardly see it at all but at 85 its very noticable

9. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

Do you have an extra video card that will work in your machine?
    If you do you might want to put it in and test your machine with it just in case your onboard video is dying on you.:(

10. Eezak

Eezak Staff Sergeant

"i never had this problem when i was using the integrated radeon graphics"

Did you turn off the integrated graphics on your motherboard when you installed the new pci-e graphics card? Not sure if leaving it on could cause this kind of problem, but worth checking on if you haven't already.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds