Weird problem Need help(Power problem perhaps?)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by iam477, Nov 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iam477

iam477 Private E-2

Hey i have a Dell XPS 400 and recently there have been power problems at our house (having to switch a breaker on to turn lights back on due to everyone in the house having a heater on) And recently after having come back from class i noticed my computer was off but where normally the green light for the computer being on should be was a blinking yellow light. I tried to turn it off but it wouldnt do anything so i unplugged the cord and then plugged it back in. This got rid of the blinking yellow light but when i tried to turn it back on i could hear the computer starting up and green lights coming on but the mouse light wouldnt come on nor would the keyboard be powered and also when i fool around with the monitor it says that its in power saving mode. there are also two lights that are on on the front of the tower that i havent seen before its two numbers a 1 and a 4 and the cylinder is also lighted not sure if that makes a difference. Im alright with computer problems but when it comes to hardware im retarded. I think i did smell something funny coming from my computer a few days ago when it happened but it might have been the heater that is in my room. And ive tried everything i could think of from turning off everything that needs electricity having everything but my computer unplugged. Its not affecting anyone elses computer except for mine. Not my roomates nor my neighbors computer and his lights went off with the breaker same as mine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. iam477

iam477 Private E-2

I just tried restarting it again and now its a 2 and a 4 and no cylinder. i guess the number changes?

3. iam477

iam477 Private E-2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds