Weird RAM lockups...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kibble, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Kibble

Kibble Private First Class

Hey guys,

I'm writing this from my crippled PC, which is running on a sole stick of 512MB PC3200 right now. I recently bought 2 more sticks of 512MB PC3200 to kick my computer up to a 1.5GB RAM bank, but neither of the new sticks work in my computer. Most of the time, when I have either stick of my new RAM in, it doesn't get past POST, and I'll get to the windows screen if I'm lucky.

The strange thing is, I plugged this RAM in downstairs, and it worked 100% fine... (from what I saw. More testing may need to be done yet. I had it in for about 10 minutes).

Im running:
    ASUS A7X880 Mobo
    AMD XP 3200+ CPU
    Maxtor 80GB HD
    Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB
    1 stick of old Samsung 512MB PC3200 (installed and running) and 2 512MB Samsung 512MB PC3200 (can't install, unstable system)

I guess my question is if there is anything anyone knows I can do to maybe reset my clock timings, or check my MOBO compatability with each stick of ram. I tried the ASUS site, but couldn't find anything, so I'm kinda thinking program-wise. =/ Anything you may think is wrong with my computer, lemme know that too.

Thanks for the help, geeks.

--Kibb

2. Triaxx2

Triaxx2 MajorGeek

Try sticking the new sticks in together in slots one and two and the current stick into slot three. Sometimes that'll solve your problem.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds