Weird situation with Verizon internet & Firefox

Discussion in 'Software' started by fire-medic8104, Sep 23, 2008.

1. fire-medic8104

fire-medic8104 Private E-2

I have been using Verizon Wireless internet service for a while and have had no problems. Just recently I have a secure website that I access (https://) and I can no longer get that site. I can't access it using firefox or IE. I get an erro that says page took too long to respond.

Here's the weird part. I can access it using WIFI or a hard line plugged into my laptop. I haven't changed anything except normal updates to AVG. I have tried disabling firewalls and anti virus. No go. If I disconnect my Verizon and connect to WIFI it works fine.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Verizon Access Manager with no luck.

I called Verizon and they said since it is only that website and not all websites then they couldn't help and since I have always been able to get my problems solved here, figured I would go back to the people who know.:)

2. LI_Mom

LI_Mom Private E-2

I've had trouble w/ the Verizon (for my cell phone) site for MONTHS & finally called today.

Every time I tried to log in, I got a message that said "My Verizon is temporarily unavailable."

Verizon reset my password & told me to log in using Safari (instead of Firefox).

I finally got in but I still cannot access their site using FF. I'm pretty disgusted that VZW is not compatible with FF & I'm pretty disgusted that they had such a worthless & unhelpful error message displayed when the real problem is they don't seem to support FF.

3. fire-medic8104

fire-medic8104 Private E-2

For some reason it just started working, but I was having the same problem on firefox and IE. But everything started working fine, don't know what it was.

4. swaters86

swaters86 Private E-2

I noticed the same thing in FF, but it works in safari. Their site is poorly design, i bookmarked the login page for my verizon wireless plan because it took me forever to find the right login page.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds