weird system problems, need help??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by The Glad Rapper, Oct 14, 2007.

1. The Glad Rapper

The Glad Rapper Private E-2

Hi, umm not too familiar with computers but I'm running a built E-Machine ABIT NF7 series Motherboard, AMD Athlon (tm) XP 2600 +
    1.91 GHz, 512 MB of Ram, XP Pro service pack 2.

my question is that I have been having alot of problems (BSoD, disk read errors, and unsuccessful windows installions). I have a 17 inch MAG Monitor Platinum Series 2 and after it Windows installs (if I can get through one without it restarting with a disk read error) when I start put the system disk in there and started to run it the screen would either go black, BSoD screen would pop up, or it would restart with a disk red error. The lady who built it said that it has to be a problem with some of my hardware or something because I'll take it to her, she has no problems with installing software, etc and when I take it to my computer tech at work he has no trouble installing windows, antivirus software, or hardware such as printer, webcam, external DVD burner, etc. So after many unsuccessful installs of Windows I unhooked everything, and took the tower out to my girlfriends computer and hooked her monitor, mouse, keyboard etc after opening it up, re-connecting everything, and blasting everything with compressed air. Got a good installation and have been running it nonstop for 2 days periodically restarting it, shutting it down, etc.

Now there might be a multitude of reasons why it's okay now, (different mouse, keyboard, monitor, reconnected wires, compressed air cleaning
    ) but I don't know which it might be for or anything. Any suggestions. What I did have on it in my room was a MAG 17 inch flat screen monitor Platinum 2 series and my friend said it may be that the screen is having compatibility issues with the system. Someone give me some suggestions or something because this is getting very irritating. Thank you.

2. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

The only thing i can think of is the default driver in windows may not be compatable, get the driver that is made for that monitor, if you got it new it should have a disc with it. ed

3. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

If you believe it to be the monitor, leave everything else as it is at the moment, but swap the current monitor for your 17"

If the issues reappear, you will know it is the monitor or its drivers that are the problem

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds