Well i think my Devices need to be updated!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by computernewbie, Nov 4, 2007.

1. computernewbie

computernewbie Private E-2

Well i went on driverAgent.com to see if my hardware needed updates and they told me i did, and that i needed some critical updates.so i don't want to pay them to do it for me, so i went to my control panel and went to system and clicked on Device manager, and clicked update on most of them well after waiting for a few minutes it told me something like"wizard could not find a better match for your hardware than the software currently installed"something like that.
    but the website told me i did, i did get one of them to update the second time but the first time it told me i did not need an update but all of the sudden the second time i did need update, so is there another way to update?It's telling me it does not need it and I'm shore it does so feel my pain?Any suggestions?

chris thanks in advance

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

What hardware? Don't trust driverAgent and don't trust Microsoft to give you the correct updates.
    Go to the site of your computer's manufacturer and put in your model number. Then look through the listing for drivers and compare the driver with what is in your computer.

3. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Uh microsoft doesn't use the device wizard to check online updates, least not before vista, even then not the latest updates. But you have no reason to blame microsoft for this plodr, so please keep your answers as factual, and unopinonated as possible.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

If your PC is working fine then there is no major reason to update, you can cause more issues on your PC by updating and some of the driver wizard sites list OEM drivers from motherboard makers in the updates, while these may list your hardware driver as out of date, it may not be 100% the correct one.

Only drivers to update and only if they fix a specific issue or add some extra FPS in the case of Graphic Drivers are your Graphic Drivers, Network Drivers and Sound.

As mentioned your Computer Maker or the Hardware makers website support/donwloads are the best places for these.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds