Well I took the Dive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ncc1701dhhr, Jun 10, 2004.

1. ncc1701dhhr

ncc1701dhhr Private First Class

I did it got fed up with the noise and went with water cooling,
    I found a mid size case at fry's for 19.00 and it had a 350 watt p/s too
    I used it to mount my Black Ice Pro 2 Rad and the Double Floppy bay Rez
    The Pump Ehiem 1048 is between the two cases. so now all heat is removed from main case and it isnt all cramed in one case (I think it look's better too)
    Temp's are 32c idle and 38 full load (Sandra Burn In) So far I love it But
    Know I can hear my self think . Kinda Scary ;) The bonus is the cheepo Power supply is running all the fans and Lites. The main supply runs only the
    M/b and The relay that turns on the pump and other power supply!!

2. Jedi Master

Jedi Master Private E-2

My rig is very similar to yours.

Xaser III case
    Abit IC7-G
    Pentium 4 3.2 800 FSB
    2 Gigs Corsair Twin XMS 3200 DDR

How do you like your Xaser case? I recently swapped to a Lian Li and am much happier. I'm working on setting up a water cooling system for the GPU and chipset. Did you just run the lines through an empty PCI slot?

3. ncc1701dhhr

I realy like this Case And now with the water cooling it is awesome,
    And I drilled two holes in the rear for the 3/4 o/d hose to go through,
    just below the fans and next to pci slots (there were a series of small holes there all ready.

Attached Files:

4. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

wow, that looks pretty awesome. good job!

not the best temps out of watercooling, but more than decent, and noise free too;) cant complain

5. ncc1701dhhr

I am using Arctic Silver 5 now am waiting to see if temps will drop by the time it fully cures. I'll give it a 2 weeks if it dosnt drop more by then I'll go back to A/S 3 and be done with it. To be honest I didnt like how stiff this stuff is Makes it hard to apply thin and even. We will see I guess. :rolleyes:

6. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

My thoughts exactly. And it takes an age to cure (99 hours or somthing stupid) I've got it on my server heatsink but thats on permenantly anyway... so once I take it down for maintainance for a hour or so it'll cure fully.

I didnt like how thick it was, and so for my main rig I'm using Arctic Silver Ceramique... its basically AS 3 but a little bit better. Gives me decent temps so I'm happy :)

7. ncc1701dhhr

Yea I think I will do the same It just didnt feel rite to me And I'll just sit here wondering what if ??? So I'll get the A/S 5 off and out and go to A/S 3 or I'll
    try the Ceramique, If Fry's has it. I think I have seen it there.
    Nice to know Im not the only one who feels like this tho :)

8. ncc1701dhhr

Thanks!! I felt theTemps were kinda hi too I'll be trying A/S 3 or Ceramique not sure yet

9. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

Temps may not change with different thermal compound. Check the air flow of your radiator to be sure it is not obstructed or getting warm air from the cases.
    You have a good system there.
    Mine is a bit more industrial.

If/when that pump leaks you might get a fountain pump like the little giant 2e-38N much more robust and built to run 24/7 for years. Also the pump and fans can be 110V so no power supplies. This pump runs warm so put it downstream of your radiator air flow.
    http://www.electricmotorwarehouse.com/PDF/1P321.pdf

I gave up trying to get a computer based radiator system and went to a refrigeration outfit

Keep on moddin!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds