Were to find a simple chart form or template?

Discussion in 'Software' started by ABIsenior, Feb 3, 2013.

1. ABIsenior

ABIsenior Private E-2

I have spent hours searching, not finding the simple...don't know the key search words.

I want a form that I can enter some names & number values. I need the names sorted to alphabet order, as they are picked & entered from reports. There is multiple entries per name. Depth & width is unknown until completed.

The chart info does not get added-up or converted into graphics.

Its ongoing, I will enter additional names & other numbers to existing names.

This chart is private, so I do not want online anything tied to it.

Were to find? If you help, please post the title/name & not a link. I don't need hours of reading to learn how to use...crap I'll never remember.
    SIMPLE only please, there is mild dementia & med effects hampering the learning curve.

This needs to work on xp, firefox browser. Also printable & copy to a storage disc.

Thank you for considering this, Bob.

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Do you have Microsoft Office or anther office suite installed on your computer?

3. ABIsenior

ABIsenior Private E-2

I don't know. Were do I find it if they are installed? They are not listed in add/remove programs. I'll check in ccleaner tools.

4. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Look at your Programs menu, of course, where all your installed programs should appear.

5. ABIsenior

ABIsenior Private E-2

No, I don't have MS office, found a dead link "try it free for 60 days".

6. ABIsenior

ABIsenior Private E-2

Not in program list either (the program list on the "start button" menu pane).
    Office is a bought program, don't want it. Only use is for this ONE chart. I am not buying anything.

7. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

8. ABIsenior

ABIsenior Private E-2

usafveteran, OK, freeware. The download from thier site is in 2 parts, started #1, now at 8%. Thanks for your help.

Forgot to submit my reply. At 56%, then get other part. #1 is 205mb & final is 8.2mb. 61%

9. ABIsenior

ABIsenior Private E-2

I opened the program, 'docs' button results in 'spreadsheet', suits my needs. Now we see if I can get it to work, save, recall it, then repeat.

My intent is to load all my blood results from various times & doctors into one page. I'm in Ontario, our free medical insurance pays a doctor for 15 minutes per visit, $37.50, this includes his report writing & his office staff payroll. If one has multiple ailments, you are screwed, no doc will take you...too much time per visit.

So the gov has started a few trial "nurse practitioner clinics" overseen by distant doctors, intake has 80 minutes payment. So I can included this master sheet listing each item & repeat dates, along with a fistful of originals that no one is ever going to look at.

Thank you for taking the time to help, Bob.

10. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

What you are wanting to use is a Database to do what you are describing. There are also sites out there, that you can keep this stuff up in the cloud, like Google Doc's, which you can password protect the info, or even specific for medical, like WebMD Health Manager, which my wife uses. http://www.webmd.com/phr

11. ABIsenior

ABIsenior Private E-2

The Libreoffice program worked for me, except on printing a suitable doc. Don't know the meaning of many terms behind the buttons. I'll get there.

"keep this stuff up in the cloud". Unknown databanks owned by unknown persons in unknown places...care to invest in my stake of Mar$ Minerals Mining?

I need a sharp person to manage the Mar$ startup program. We impose google earth imagery over an online space observatory telescope. Tune this setup so online investers studying our holdings only see my claim stakes everywhere they look on Mar$.

We won't risk fraud by selling rights without a prospectus, we just use bitcoins or similiar internet/ecloud currency.

A real sharpie would devise a cloud currency we can distribute by network marketing...these suckers can saturate a market in weeks.

I have the Mar$ Metals to back up this new currency...Coin$ that aren't mined or minted yet !!!

Thanks for your inputs everyone.

12. ABIsenior

ABIsenior Private E-2

So much for Mar$ jokes.

Libreoffice turns into a headache, resets settings randomly. Help file is nuts too. I searched terms & phrases used in it, some have zero hits. The whole wide world has no meaning for it either !!!

Go read the print settings...I think 'sideways' means 'rotate'. Don't know for sure...the button don't work.

I have only used document programs in libraries, 'change settings' of print has all the options on one page, not scattered like this program.

One positive...I did not see "populate the list" anywhere. "Open the list" Bill.

Perhaps the language used has to do with copyright issues. If pharma can patent & own rights to a natural plant, I guess MS can own phrases.

This open source must be a front for MS or HP, can't let go of market control greed...so they do it for free.

Off to the library.

13. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Nope not a front for the big companies but competition for them, until the gobble them up for their good ideas.

Hi Bob

Back to your serious question

Without a sample sketch of what you are after and going via the description you have posted in text, this seems something that Excel or a similar Spreadsheet program can do and Libre Office and its Spreadsheet app you have.

A database is another but to add extra data to an already entered persons name and I guess this is for Dr Name and Blood Results plus date of result and cost etc, then the database would have to have a one to many relationship.

Link below is an Excel doc I quickly drafted and wonder if that's what you need as you can filter the results so that all visits to same doc is in alphabetical order or you could filter the date etc

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=B316FD2B0F78CEE5!3236&authkey=!AFwnvRkOLokZrrE

Should open in Libra Office.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds