Werid colours on the monitor

Discussion in 'Software' started by Smartslug, Nov 27, 2005.

1. Smartslug

Smartslug Private First Class

This morning I booted up my computer as usual and everything went normal. So I after about and hour I went to upstairs and then came back down and I noticed the whole screen was covered in purple, blue, and green tints. So I did the "Degauss." It eliminated most of the colour exepet for one annyoing green bloch up on the top of screen, and a black haze around it. It also curves the screen up. (I tried to paste a picture but when I did the screen looked normal)

Thanks for any help

2. snakefoot

snakefoot Sergeant Major

Try checking the monitor-cable between the display adapter an the monitor (Disconnect / Connect)
    Try attaching a different monitor (If the problem persist then it is probably an issue with the display adapter)

3. Metalist2

Metalist2 Private First Class

And make sure no Magnets are around your monitor.. Lol..

4. SWario

SWario Sergeant

That includes large speakers/subwoofers/deathrays, ya know, things like that. ;)

EDIT: This is actually something to do with the monitor itself (or it's cables/connections/etc.), not software. That's why when you try to "paste a picture of it" it will look normal, because the software is outputting the screen just fine, the monitor is not.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds