What about SSuite Office - WordGraph as alternative to LibreOffice?

Discussion in 'Software' started by conceptualclarity, Sep 10, 2013.

1. I'm getting tired of LibreOffice's huge size. Just updating it this morning was a trauma to my old system. It takes too long to come up when summoned.

I tried AbiWord but had problems with it.

Can anybody tell me about SSuite Office - WordGraph?

2. AtlBo

AtlBo Major Geek Extraordinaire

conceptualclarity...

LO is large for a small hard drive, but it's hard to beat the functionality of the software in terms of the quality of the product. So much energy has been spent in improving LO (branch of OpenOffice) over the last 2-3 years...nothing else like what's going on there.

Haven't tried many of the really small/light suites, so I can't be of much help there. Just 2 cents for LO and where the project is going...

If you really want to go tiny, you might take a look at this:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/tiny_usb_office.html

Good luck finding one that works for you

:)

3. MadMal

MadMal Corporal

4. mountinrich

mountinrich Private E-2

I have been using something called Atlantis Word Processor. It does cost $35 for a license, but it is pretty small and quick to use, with some good functionality. It keeps everything in RTF, but it can open other files.

5. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

This is the same old system in which you like to have 1,500 browser tabs open at the same time, right?

What does WordPad lack that you want?

6. Thanks for the suggestions, fellas.

I have certainly never had 1500 tabs open at the same time. That was the estimated total tabs of multiple browsers I possess. On the thread you allude to I have been speaking of having a relatively small number of tabs open lately.

Word Pad is a pretty limited program. Only black and white, for one thing. No autosave.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds