What anti-virus program should I use?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Major Attitude, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

2. Crimson1077

Crimson1077 MG - Offical "Active" Team Member

I'd go with AVG, Very good and does it's job. You don't even know it's there until it catches something.

3. Compguy1974

Compguy1974 Private E-2

Avast

I personally use avast (free home edition since 2004) on my personal machine and it hardly ever has any problems and usually avast catches anything, I also recently added MSE also. When I work on most customers computers to fix "viruses" I i notice that they usually use expensive ram hogs such as *UGG* McAfee or *shudder* Norton's and are eaten up.

All depends on if you actually use the antivirus or just expect it to protect you by itself and what you do that may get you a "virus" (such as using Lime wire) nothing is going to protect you 100% (pretty much unless you do not use the internet).

4. SirKnosAlot

SirKnosAlot Private E-2

I like comodo Internet security. AVG failed me in the past. Comodo hasn' yet... free version too

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds