What are Data Execution Prevention messages and how do I get rid of them?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Zadig69, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Zadig69

Zadig69 Private E-2

Windows XP with SP2.

On Boot this message pops up about 10 times:

Data Execution Prevention-Microsoft windows
    To help protect your computer, Windows has closed this program

Name: Generic Host Process for Win32 Services
    Publisher: Microsoft Corporation

Any idea how to get rid of it?

Thanks

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

3. Zadig69

Zadig69 Private E-2

Thank you for the reply.

I am currently running all the scans from the link.

That DEP message went away when I uninstalled the Intel Wireless Utility that came with this Dell laptop. Any idea why?

Also now my address bar in IE will not respond in regular mode only in safe mode.

What I mean by that is I can surf in safe mode no problem but in normal mode it just gives me a done message in the bottom left corner of the browser when I type a new url in the address bar.

If I go into tools and internet options and change the home page and reopen IE it will go to the correct web page but when I type in a new url...nothing.

4. katana

katana Private E-2

5. star17

star17 MajorGeek

6. Zadig69

Zadig69 Private E-2

Thanks for the responses

I just finished adaware and spybot in safemode. adaware found 16 objects tracking cookies and 20 objects in MRU list that it says do not pose a threat.

spybot found 6 items and removed them.

Unfortunately I still cannot surf

In normal mode when you open the home page and click on a link it will take you to the link but when you type anything into the address bar it does not respond.

7. Zadig69

Zadig69 Private E-2

Re: Thanks for the responses

actually it finally does take you to the web page you just have to wait about 5 minutes. there is no green bar on the bottom, this is high speed internet and the other computer on the network is having no problems.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds