What are the Sepcs on there Resistors???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kasten, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Kasten

Kasten Private E-2

I'm having a difficult time trying to determine what values these two Resistors are.

Can anyone out there help? Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

3. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

The one on the left is 11 ohms which is only a small resistance the gold band represents 10% tolerance 'accurate to within 10%' the one on the right is a little harder to read I'm not sure what the colours they are.

If the resistor on the right is brown,white,silver,silver,gold then its a 0.19 ohm resistor which I've never seen before and I've seen A LOT of resistors :-D 0.19 ohms is an impossibly tiny amount of resistance.

Note the resistors are large and blue which means they are fuse fire retardant resistors designed not to catch fire,this usually means they have a lot of power going through them and you shouldn't replace them with regular film resistors they probably won't take the heat and pop.

May I ask what you are doing?I'm interested in amateur electronics.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds