What detects Spector's presence on pc?

Discussion in 'Software' started by nicolefrench, May 9, 2008.

1. nicolefrench

nicolefrench Private E-2

I am at a loss here. I have reason to suspect Spector has been installed on my computer. It was installed on my boyfriend's computer- that's what the brilliant geek squad tech said anyway, and my boyfriend is certain I installed it on mine as well to spy on him. This isn't true. I doubt Spector is on my computer, but in the quest to research it, I encountered yet another problem. None of my security apps picked anything up. I was desperate for answers and made the huge mistake of downloading spy hunter as it claimed to detect Spector. It detected only cookies, but acted suspicious. I uninstalled it right away and ever since, I cannot connect to the internet at all. I can connect my aircard, but after a minute or so, it tells me the remote computer didn't respond. I tried every system restore point prior to Spy hunter, no luck. :cry:cry

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Look thru your Programs list and make sure there are not anymore "SpyHunter-related" programs listed. If you see some, uninstall them thru Add/Remove in the Control Panel.

When you are done be sure and restart the computer.

Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds