What did I do today? a year ago?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by watchntv, Jul 18, 2009.

1. watchntv

watchntv Private E-2

I need some sorta of cheap PDA, or a solid program for my desktop computer

I just want something so I can write down what I do daily, like a do-list, so when i wonder what did I do today at 3pm, I can write in took nap
    or when I go to disneyworld in a few weeks, I can write those weeks, went to disneyworld

so next year I can look back and easily see what I did thru a calendar feature or do a close up of on day and see more detailed times of what I did each day....

I'd use my desktop or laptop to save the files, so it doesnt need a huge amount of memory, but I certainly dont want to only be able to use a desktop/laptop to write what I did.

I could use a notecard and a pen, but thats not very searchable and I dont have the best handwriting....
    so is there a program I could use to type in the info on my desktop computer that would give me what I want?(monthly view that shows 1-3 events per day and then when I click on the day, see more detailed hourly times/events)
    or a PDA of sorts so I can stop using a notecard and write in the info I'm talking about

2. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

I would simply use the Wordpad that comes with Windows.

3. watchntv

watchntv Private E-2

would you explain that?
    I have 2 problems

1 writing what I am doing right before or after I did it. I might not always be by a computer, usually I am not.

2. How do I do it so I can search thru the years/hours of the day without going crazy? I suppose Id have to get a calendar program of some kinds so I can see for 2 weeks in august, AT DISNEYWORLD) and if I click on each invidivual day, see what I did.

1pm-slept 2 pm ate at mcdnalds
    2pm-saw a mvie at AMC theater,
    359pm gt int mnrail crash
    4pm filed suite against EPCT
    634pm had enugh mney 2 buy a new cmputer with wrking Letter that didnt wrk befre

4. paradoxdream

paradoxdream Private First Class

5. PapaDuke

PapaDuke Master Sergeant

This came to mind: Click!

6. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

Well, I dunno about this being a cheap option, however, if you wanted to go all out, you can always get something like a Blackberry, a Hiptop, or an iPhone. I just bought myself an iPhone and its great .....

7. watchntv

watchntv Private E-2

I dont need it to do a lot of crap, and that's what I mean,
    can I get the features I want from an iphone or blackberry?

8. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

Well my iPhone has a notepad feature, calendar feature etc, and I believe a Blackberry has just about everything a computer has. Alternatively, go to your local phone shop and ask about the range of Smartphones they have, as that is what they are called.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds