what do i need for wireless highspeed internet?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by N5638J, Dec 6, 2006.

1. N5638J

N5638J Guest

i just got word from a friend that alocal farm boy here near where i live is bouncing highspeed internet off a radio tower to his tractor for his laptop and he said if anyone wanted to use it to go right ahead. now what i need to know is what do i need to bring it to my 2 desttop pc's.:confused: do i need a wireles internet card or a wireless network card or what?:eek:

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

3. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

It depnds on what is the excat type of signal.

Wireless is generic term many things can be called Wireless.

4. N5638J

N5638J Guest

tomorrow i will try and get all the info i can on the wireless info. but from what i have been told all he has on his laptop is a wireless card. he owns the radio tower and uses it also for the farm cb's so it reaches over 20miles in signal so i though all i would really need is wireless cars and maybe a repeater to boost the signal in the house

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds