What do you think of this motherboard? Just ordered it

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ozorowsky, Oct 25, 2004.

1. ozorowsky

ozorowsky Corporal

2. ozorowsky

ozorowsky Corporal

also, I hope I'm going to see at least some performance gain by going to this motherboard. I currently have a Via PE-11L Motherboard. Am I wasting my money?

3. BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey Master Sergeant

What kind of performance gain are you looking to get?

4. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

Looks like a generic board to my knowledge; you should go for nforce2 boards because they outperform k8.

5. ozorowsky

ozorowsky Corporal

nforce boards are more expensive, right? I am looking to make stuff like doom 3 and stuff load faster. And I'd like to have a system where you turn it on and like 30 seconds later it's all up and running. Don't get me wrong my system is fast, but I just want to have a system that runs really smooth. I was using a Hewlett packard at best buy, and they had a madden 2005 demo running and as soon as I clicked on something it loaded. Was nice. No delay.

6. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

yeah but by what? 10-20$?

7. ozorowsky

ozorowsky Corporal

ok, stupid question here: What would I gain by going with an nforce board?

8. Anon-15281db623

Anon-15281db623 Anonymized

nForce boards are know for there quality. They are by far the best chipset you can get. :) They will be the most stable, and have proven over, and over again in benchmarks, that they are overall faster then the competition.

:cool:

cooked

9. ozorowsky

ozorowsky Corporal

ok, last question, found a 3.0ghz processor for 187.00 on newegg.com what is hyperthreading technology? I'm googleing it now.

10. Anon-15281db623

Hyperthreading simulates dual processors. It is really impressive. It is great when you run large, multipule applications.

cooked

11. ozorowsky

ozorowsky Corporal

ok, so you think it is worth upgrading from a 2.2ghz processor with 400mhz fsb to a 3.0 ghz processor with multi thread technology with a 800mhz fsb?

12. Anon-15281db623

IMO yes. :) adding 800mhz and doubling your FSB speed will give you a nice boost.

cooked

13. ozorowsky

ozorowsky Corporal

*DRUEL* also I'm replacing all my 233mhz ram with 400mhz. THat should help nicely too right? I swear I have OCD. THis all started over a new video card. (I should have the 5900fx in a few days)

14. Anon-15281db623

Oh yes. I have 1GB of PC3200 dual channel memory. When i play Battlefield Vietnam, and UT2004 i use well over 800mb. The extra memory is great to have.:)

cooked

15. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

be sure you dont buy value/generic/namedbrand/housebrand/majorbrand but an actual NAMED brand Like OCZ, kingston,crucial etc. Your best choices are Performance and Xtra low latency.

16. ozorowsky

ozorowsky Corporal

thanks for all the help/info guys. I think this will be a pretty stout system.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds