what graphics card can my motherboard support?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vortex-89, Jun 2, 2005.

1. vortex-89

vortex-89 Private E-2

hi

i have quite an old computer but dont have enough money to upgrade it yet and besides am going to be getting a laptop shortly but anyway here is my problem

i cant run some games that i just bought (boiling point road to hell, splinter cell chaos theory...) so i want a new graphics card but because my computer is quite old i want to know what graphics cards will work, i have gathered this information about my computer from everest home edition and attached it

if you need any more information i can give it to you

thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

You have an agp board,with agp 2.0 x4 this will take any agp card but the high end ones wont work because of voltage requirements,you also have a a p4 1800 so that isnt powerfull enough to make use of a high end video card,if you aim for an fx 5700,it has pixel shader 2.0 needed for splinter cell,I' not familiar with boiling point,you might not get super smooth gameplay but should be acceptable,you will be really struggling to play the latest games with that system,I know it sucks its just the truth.

Splinter cell is very lighting driven which is the hardest thing for a video card to render,I had splinter cell pandora tomorrow,on my fx 5700,xp 1900 system,which also has agp 3.0 x8 and I was very unhappy with the fps I was getting and just stopped playing the game and returned it.

Probably not the answer you were hoping for,but anyway Welcome to MG. :D

3. crazybowlhead420

crazybowlhead420 Private E-2

yea cpu is a lil slow but a ati9600pro might be a good choice also

4. vortex-89

vortex-89 Private E-2

ok thanks anyway, i suppose it doenst really matter anyway since i am going to be getting a laptop!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds