What has Avast blocked

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by waters4, Jan 26, 2010.

1. waters4

waters4 Private E-2

Please help! Avast blocked an attack I don't know what happened but my bandwidth froze and when I checked avast is showed this under the Last Attack Tab in the Network Shield console:
    13.01.2010 17:45:36 Network Shield: blocked access to malicious site ad.elitetraffic.net/in.cgi?2 [ C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe ( 4868 ) ]
    Thanx in advance.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Is your PC and internet now running ok, as Avast seems to have done its job and blocked the malicious site advert?

If not and you are still having slow internet then first off delete temps and cookies (can use CCleaner for this) and reboot and try again, if not then you'll need to run THIS guide and then once finished post in our malware forum and attach the requested logs. (all instructions on what to run and how to attach logs are in the guide)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds