What is LSP install error?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jeanine, Jan 8, 2010.

1. jeanine

jeanine Private E-2

Hello! I have a Toshiba Satellite that will not move any further than the initial screen with icons because of a 'LSP install error' that indicates '10 occurred'. It seems to be a mess. I have found some downloads that would be helpful but only my desktop can access these. Is there anything I can do? Thank You

2. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Try this :

Reboot into safe mode with command prompt then follow these instructions :
    To fix this problem you need to type in a command to manually reset the operating system default LSP. To perform a manual reset open the command line by going to Start > Run and typing cmd and then Enter. At the command prompt type "netsh winsock reset" without the quotes, and press the Enter key again. You need to reboot and your system should come back up with the Windows Firewall enabled.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds