What Is This Mystery Blue Box?

Discussion in 'Software' started by earsz, Sep 16, 2012.

1. earsz

earsz Private E-2

Recently, when I restarted my computer, blue boxes appeared on most thumbnails/icons on my desktop and inside folders. I don't know what they are or where they came from, and I want to get rid of them _ so I'm hoping someone will recognize their description. They are blue squares with rounded corners, and there are two white arrow points inside the squares, pointing to the right. They don't seem to have any function _ clicking on them does nothing. I suppose they came from some software I installed, but I have no idea what program that might be. I can't go back to a restore point prior to when they first showed up. Anyone recognize them?

2. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

Are you using Norton Security or any Norton product ??

3. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

Can you post a screenshot of these boxes?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds