1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is this obsession with tattoos

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BILLMCC66, Jun 17, 2009.

1. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

2. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

she fell asleep while he was doing his work:confused
    I have a couple of tattoo's and there is no way i was falling asleep;)
    Especially on your face it would be to painful for me to fall asleep.
  3. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

I don't have any but when i was a marine some of the other guys got them (usually when drunk) and they said it was painful.

It has just been reported on the local news here that the girl has reached an out of court settlement with the tattoo guy (what a surprise) plus the cost of the removal by lazer treatment.
  4. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

I have a couple of tattoos, but who the hell gets them on their face?? Btw, you don't fall asleep while getting tattoos...unless you are really really drunk. She's full of it. I'm thinking she just regrets her decision.

'sides, look at the guy! :eek
  5. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

I don't know about the rest of the world but here just about every girl you see now has a tattoo of some sort,mostly on the lower back so it shows when they wear a short tee shirt.

I am not anti tattoo but all i said to my daughter was remember it's for life and does not wash off, think how much you will like it when your 50 or 60.
  6. LauraR

I got mine when I was in my 30s. I had always wanted one but never had the nerve and couldn't think of what I wanted.

I have two girls. We told them none until they are 21, or we are done paying for college. I'm not too sure how cool they think it is anyway now that their mom has one. :-D
  7. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

That'll do it:-D

"Trois Stars,Trois stars!"

8. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

I never would have guessed you have tattoos Laura

Totally agree I think she's lying,she's just shocked at other peoples reactons once she got home.

Even though I'm not a tattoo person if a girl had 56 tattoos on her face I'd be interested in who she is and assume she's lots of fun and up for anything:-D
  9. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

No way you can be asleep during a Tattoo, especially on the face. Maybe if you’re heavily drugged, or something. I tend to believe the Tat Artist that she need a B.S. excuse when her father and boyfriend freaked out. The Tattoo dude probably is getting more than the settlement in increased business due to the publicity, anyway.
  10. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

Yeah a real tattoo artist wouldnt risk his reputation to do something like that against what the person wants. the girl is full of it, obviously. but in her defense, a tattoo artist should have either refused to do the work on her face or at least tried to talk her out of it. If she was that wasted that she really did fall asleep, he shouldnt have done it either.

i have 5 tattoos, but id never get one on or above my neck. have to be able to cover them up in a business setting.
  11. oldandconfusedagain

oldandconfusedagain Private E-2 <i>emeritus</i>

GEEEEEEZUS......I thought I was nasty to look at!
  12. LauraR

Now what is that supposed to mean, Rikky?? :-D

Mine aren't in a hugely visible place. I decided that I didn't want them anywhere that if I was really dressed up, it would ruin the look. (like some of those celebrities in their black tie dresses with a big ole tattoo on their arm or back rolleyes)
  13. PapaDuke

PapaDuke Master Sergeant

Look at the belt buckle: Sexy indeed!
  14. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Nuts.. She definitely knew!!!!!!!! At the same time the Tatoo artist should have known better - as to what would look good/artistic. Simply refuse or your rep and business is at stake..
  15. darlene1029

darlene1029 A Grand Lady- R.I.P. 06/06/2012

Fell asleep my aunt fanny LOL
  16. Burning_Monkey

Burning_Monkey MajorGeek

I have fallen asleep during tattooing.

but then again, I have around a hundred hours of tattoo work :D
  17. PapaDuke

PapaDuke Master Sergeant

Probably not:

18. darlene1029

Yours are so large and I have heard people say after a while it's more of an annoyance, that's probably what put you out, maybe?
    Kind of like going to sleep during labor.
  19. LauraR

oh, dear god....are those plugs in his nose????? :puke
  20. darlene1029

I know, it's not the tats that I mind or even some piercings but that's way too many AND the implants under the skin, some look like small horns, thats creepy. to me anyway