1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is wroung with steam?

Discussion in 'Software' started by IcEy-CoLd, Nov 3, 2005.

1. IcEy-CoLd

IcEy-CoLd Private E-2

i can't get hl2 or hl2 LC instailed without b/c steam keeps dropin me..

geez i hate steam, its sad really i even was smart and have my own HL2 cd's.. but the update is killin me, it won't instail anything

AMD 64 3000+
    2.00 GB RAM
    Nvidia Deforce 6800 Series GPU
    A8N-SLI Premium
  2. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

I've installed steam so many times on so many diff setups without once having an issue, I feel that this is more of a hardware/software problem then a STEAM problem.
  3. sleepygamer213

sleepygamer213 First Sergeant

what does steam say/do? Does it load up in game almost all the way and then drop you? A PC restart or restarting steam a few times usually does the trick... Or you can just wait...
  4. fred70

fred70 Private E-2

Counter Strike seems to play fine thru the servers, but when I connect thru "Steam" I/we get a dark shadowed screen insted of the screen to purchase weapons, then its locked up. I've tried Steam from the CD set, Counter-Strike™ 1 Anthology & from the "steam" web site. both acted the same.
  5. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

Thats not STEAM, thats your videocard acting up.