What makes them better?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CompDummy, Nov 4, 2007.

1. CompDummy

CompDummy Private E-2

Hello,

I had a question about intel core 2 duo processors. It is my understanding that in the past, (Before core 2 duo) AMD had Intel beat in gaming performance because AMD has the memory controller on the CPU verses intels which has to travel through the FSB, as a result, AMD had the performance crown.

When the core 2 duo's came out, the smashed AMD in performence, my question is how was this done? They used the same FSB as before (1033 I belive) and the memory controller was still not on the CPU. I know that recently in the latest iteration of the core 2 duos intels upped the FSB to 1333 MHZ to help address the issues with not having an on die/CPU memory controller.

Also was curious as to what the difference was between hyper threading and hyper transport.

Thanks in advance.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds